This will totally up your picnic game!
I don’t like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I know, crazy! Basically, I love peanut butter. I love bread. And I like jelly. Just not together. Something about the three together, just isn’t for me. So that leaves me with a challenge every time I need to bring a portable lunch anywhere. I can totally just go with the easy bagel and cream cheese but sometimes I like a change.
Every Succot all the Modern Orthodox Jews to go places like amusements parks during Chol Hamoed. So this week, I especially need some portable lunches. So I elevated the topical “on the go” lunch from a pb&j to this yummy Pico de Gallo Avocado Toast. It’s the perfect lunch to fuel your fun of the day!
- ¼ cup plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- Zest and juice of ¼ a lime
- ¼ tsp garlic, diced
- Pinch of kosher salt
- French Baguette
- Sliced Avocado
- Salt & Pepper
- In a medium size bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and cilantro.
- Add the zest and juice of the lime.
- Finally add salt, to taste.
- Slice the french baguette into ½ inch slices and toast to your liking.
- Fan out the sliced avocado over the toast.
- Spoon on some of the Pico de Gallo on top of the avocado.
- Top with a generous amount of salt and pepper.