It’s sad to say but summer 2016 is coming to an end. I start high school in just 3 days. So I teamed up with California Gourmet Chocolate Chips and came up with a fun school snack that will remind me of the summer. I spent every night of my trip in Orlando at the campfire roasting marshmallows and making smores. It was a lot of fun and a great memory. Who knew my mom would find kosher marshmallows at a random Publix in Orlando?
These cookies will surely keep you in the summer mood whether it’s in math class, after school, or even while are running out to catch the bus!
- 2 sticks butter (softened)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- ¾ cup mini marshmallows
- ¾ cup California Gourmet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and egg until full combined.
- Next add in the flour, baking soda, and salt into the mixer and mix until combined.
- Finally add in the California Gourmet Chocolate Chips and marshmallows and mix until combined.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons about two inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes.
- Cool the cookies for one minute on the cookie sheets then then transfer them onto a cooling rack.