Cheese + Churros = The Best Mashup Ever!!
If you know me, then you know that I LOVE churros! It’s one of the most requested recipe of mine at my cooking demos. I have made churros so many times. But I’ve always stuck my classic recipe. This week I teamed up with Sincerely, Brigitte to make these Cheesy Jalapeño Churros. It’s the same churro batter that we all love but the change is that I added Sincerely, Brigitte’s Jalapeno Cilantro Cheese grated into the dough. It’s the perfect combination for a super addictive snack! I also made a yummy cheeses dip with the same Jalapeño cheese to go along with it. The churros dipped in the cheese dip is just unreal!
It’s the perfect combination of salty, savory, and spicy. I brought the churros to all of my neighbors to get their feedback and they all loved them! It was the talk of the block. I even got the approval of my brother Yoni, who can be picky sometimes! I will definite be making these regularly in my house! It’s the perfect option when I’m craving a fried savory snack. If you make this recipe post it on Instagram or Facebook and tag me -> @ChefEitanBernath. I love to see what you guys make!
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 1 tsp of sugar for dough
- 1 tsp tsp of salt
- 1 ¼ cups of flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Sincerely Brigitte Jalapeno Cilantro Cheese, grated
- oil, for frying
- Preheat the oil in a large pot to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a medium sized pot heat up the butter and water until the water is simmering and the butter is melted.
- Add in the salt and sugar and stir to combine.
- Add in the flour and mix until fully incorporated.
- Continue mixing on a low flame for 30-45 seconds.
- Then take it off of the heat and let it cool for 5 min.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time until its forms a homogeneous mixture.
- Add in the grated cheese and stir to combine.
- Place the dough into a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Pipe the churros, about 4 inches long, into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
This post is sponsored by Sincerely Brigitte. All words and opinions are my own.