It doesn’t need to be five o’clock somewhere to have this drink!
I just graduated 8th grade this past Wednesday which means summer vacation is in full swing! What’s a better way to start the summer, then with a nice cold drink. It is super fresh and will surely cool you down from the hot sun. Best of all, it’s alcohol free so everyone can enjoy it. But I did add an adult option of tequila if you’re more of a purist. (And over 21!)
I made this for company on Shavuot. Everyone loved it!
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup sugar
- Mix until all the sugar is dissolved.
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Mix until fully combined.
- Lime Zest & Mint Sugar
- 2 mint leaves
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1/3 cup watermelon juice
- 2 tbsp simple syrup
- (For Adults: 1 tbsp Tequila)
- Cubes of watermelon
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- Place the Lime Zest & Mint Sugar on a small plate. Rub the edge of a glass with a lime wedge, then turn the glass upside down and rub the wet rim in the lime mint sugar.
- In a medium sized cocktail shaker muddle the mint leaves and lemon wedge.
- Then add in the watermelon juice, simple syrup, a pinch of Lime Zest & Mint Sugar, (For Adults: Tequila), and ice.
- Shake for about a minute, until the drink is cold.
- Add some watermelon cubes to the glass. Then pour in the mixed drink.
- Top the drink off with some sparkling water and mint leaves.