If you follow me on Instagram (@chefeitanbernath), then you know that I LOVE Indian food! Ever since I was little my mom brought me and my brother to Indian restaurants. I have been eating it ever since I can remember. I love it because it has so many amazing flavors and textures that our Jewish or American food doesn’t.
Chicken Tika is a traditional Punjabi street food. It is either cooked in a tandoori oven or over hot coals. I reacareated the street food favorite in my kitchen!
I am super excited to announce that I will be taking over The Feed Feed’s snapchat this Wednesday! For those of you who don’t know, The Feed Feed is a crowdsourced recipe website that shares the Instagram community’s best food pictures and recipes. They have over 900,000 followers on Instagram! They also do an awesome thing on Snapchat. They have a different person “takeover” their account, everyday, and make a recipe. I am super excited for this. I will be making this Chicken Tikka recipe! So be sure to check it out on Wednesday on their story!
Follow them on Snapchat -> Username: feedfeed
Follow them on Instagram -> Username: @thefeedfeed
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tsp minced ginger
- 3 tsp crushed garlic
- 3/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp mace
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Red food coloring
- Into a large bowl add the coconut milk, ginger, garlic, cumin, mace, nutmeg, cardamom, chili powder, turmeric and cayenne and mix with a spoon on combine.
- Next add the lemon juice and food coloring. You are going to need a lot of food coloring, Keep adding it in until it turns red.
- Next add the chicken, and combined.
- Then cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge 4 hours to overnight.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade and put onto skewers.
- Broil the chicken until the top gets some burnt edges then flip over the chicken and cook it until it gets burnt spots on the edges.