I am always looking for quick and easy desserts. The kind that are great “go to’s” for the last minute invite to someone’s house for Shabbos. These cookies are the definition of a yummy, quick dessert. Also, all of the ingredients are in everybody’s pantry. So if you need a last minute dessert to bring to a Super Bowl party these cookies are a great idea!
I decided to jazz up the typical peanut butter cookie for the Super Bowl. It looks really impressive if you bring it to a party, plus it’s so easy. All you need to do is form the cookies into football shapes. The icing design is just for fun. It’s totally optional. But definitely recommended!
Here is a picture of what they look like before they go in the oven:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Brown Buttercream
- Royal Icing
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the peanut butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Place six, two tablespoon balls, onto each sheet. Using your fingers form each ball of dough into a football shape.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes.
- Once baked allow cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to fully cool.
- Once cooled slather the buttercream onto all the cookies.
- Finally pipe the football laces onto the cookies with the royal icing.
- Here is a video that shows how to use and assemble a piping bag: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoN8ZSCxDss